Welcome to La Casella

a really nice place to visit

A well-furnished, year-round apartment in a 300-year-old stone farmhouse, comfortable living room, king-size American bed and your own patio with a panorama of the Alpenines, quiet, private and affordable -- that's La Casella.

Click on the link to go the La Casella Web Site and a full description, photos and rates as well as personal essays on life in the timeless atmosphere of Medieval Italy by La Casella owner, Linda Richardson.

http://www.lacasellaumbria.com/


LINDA'S BLOG
Welcome! I've been a resident of Todi since 1986 and enjoy sharing my affection for Italy. This is not a diary, however; It's a whimsical distillation of one ex-pat's thoughts and experiences.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Local Life Doesn't Stop on Tuesdays

A right neighborly thing happened this morning. I stopped at a general store about five minutes from home and THEN realized it was Tuesday, the shop's closing day. Still, the door was half-open so I hollered and soon Grandma tottered out to ask, "What can I get for you?" Four sausages and a big yellow-and-red pepper materialized from the fridge and there was lunch! I had to pay cash, though; on closing days the stores aren't allowed to use their online credit connections. All I had was a 50 Euro note, but no problem. I added a bottle of vodka to the bill and Grandma was able to make change right out of her purse.
There was still time before pranzo to drop by Antonietta's for a quick visit and while we chatted she steamed a batch of cauliflower florets with bits of bright green Swiss chard. Then she whipped up a batter, dunked the florets and quickly fried them in olive oil. Guess who got to take some home? Ummmm. Today I ate really well, yes I did.

No comments: